Korean Beef Stir-Fry over Shirataki Noodles
Recipe type: Beef
- 3 tablespoons mirin*
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces flank steak, trimmed of fat and very thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds , optional
- 1 package Shirataki Noodles
- Combine mirin, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread steak out in the pan and cook until seared on one side, about 1 minute.
- Add garlic, jalapeno and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add bean sprouts and spinach (the pan will be very full).
- Pour the mirin mixture into the pan and stir gently until the sauce thickens and the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and sesame oil.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds (if using).
- Drain the Shirataki Noodles. Rinse under warm water . Rinse well. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Serve over Shiratki Noodles.
*Mirin is a low-alcohol rice wine. An equal portion of sherry or white wine with a pinch of sugar may be substituted for mirin. If you have a little extra time before dinner, put the steak in the freezer for about 20 minutes to help make it easier to slice thinly.
Recipe TagsAngel Hair Shirataki basil bean sprouts black olives broccoli broccoli florets butter carrot carrots cayenne pepper celery Cheddar Cheese chicken chicken breasts chicken broth cilantro cornstarch Fettuccine Shirataki garlic ginger green onions green pepper ground beef lemon juice Macaroni Shirataki mayonnaise mushrooms olive oil onion onions oregano Parmesan cheese parsley red bell pepper rice vinegar scallions sesame oil Shirataki Noodles shrimp sour cream soy sauce tomatoes tuna vegetable oil zucchini
- Black Bean and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Curry Chicken and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Chicken and Angel Hair Shirataki with Peanut Curry Sauce
- Asian Chicken and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Baked Macaroni Shirataki and Cheese
- Fettuccine Shirataki Chicken Salad
- Grilled Tofu and Chicken with Tofu Shirataki
- Macaroni Shirataki and Cheese Carbonara
- Shrimp Gumbo with Angel Hair Shirataki
- Tofu Shirataki and Asian Chicken Salad
- Macaroni Shirataki Texas Hash
- 202 Shirataki Noodle Recipes
- Spaghetti Shirataki Tacos
- Spaghetti Shirataki a La Philly
- Spaghetti Shirataki a La Bruschetta and Seafood