Tofu & Broccoli Stir-Fry on a bed of Shirataki Noodles
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 1 package Shirataki Noodles
- ½ cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry sherry or rice wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons water
- Combine broth, sherry (or rice wine), soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, sugar and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut tofu into ¾-inch cubes and pat dry, then sprinkle with salt. Place the remaining 2 tablespoons cornstarch in a large bowl. Add the tofu; toss gently to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the tofu; cook, undisturbed, until browned, about 3 minutes. Gently cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and water; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir the reserved broth mixture and add to the pan.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Return the tofu to the pan; toss to combine with the broccoli and sauce.
- Drain the Shirataki Noodles. Rinse under warm water . Rinse well. Place on paper towels to dry.
- Serve stir fry over a bed of Shirataki.
Recipe TagsAngel Hair Shirataki basil bean sprouts black olives broccoli broccoli florets butter carrot carrots cayenne pepper celery Cheddar Cheese chicken chicken breasts chicken broth cilantro cornstarch Fettuccine Shirataki garlic ginger green onions green pepper ground beef lemon juice Macaroni Shirataki mayonnaise mushrooms olive oil onion onions oregano Parmesan cheese parsley red bell pepper rice vinegar scallions sesame oil Shirataki Noodles shrimp sour cream soy sauce tomatoes tuna vegetable oil zucchini
- Black Bean and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Curry Chicken and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Chicken and Angel Hair Shirataki with Peanut Curry Sauce
- Asian Chicken and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Baked Macaroni Shirataki and Cheese
- Fettuccine Shirataki Chicken Salad
- Grilled Tofu and Chicken with Tofu Shirataki
- Macaroni Shirataki and Cheese Carbonara
- Shrimp Gumbo with Angel Hair Shirataki
- Tofu Shirataki and Asian Chicken Salad
- Macaroni Shirataki Texas Hash
- 202 Shirataki Noodle Recipes
- Spaghetti Shirataki Tacos
- Spaghetti Shirataki a La Philly
- Spaghetti Shirataki a La Bruschetta and Seafood