Grilled Tofu and Chicken with Tofu Shirataki
Recipe type: Chicken Dishes
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- ¼ cup tamarind paste, reconstituted in ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 package Tofu Shirataki Noodles
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- ¼ cup cashews, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 limes, halved and grilled
- Drain and rinse Shirataki Noodles very well. Place on paper towels to dry and set aside.
- Heat grill to high. Brush both sides of tofu and chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the tofu on each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly charred, remove, and cut into thin slices.
- Grill the chicken for 4 minutes per side or until slightly charred and just cooked through, remove, and cut into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium saucepan on the grates of the grill or side burner on the grill.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the ancho powder and cook for 10 seconds.
- Add the tamarind mixture, vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, and peanut butter and bring to a boil.
- Place the Tofu Shirataki Noodles, tofu, and chicken in a large bowl.
- Pour the boiling sauce over the noodles and toss gently until until combined.
- Fold in the green onion, cilantro, and bean sprouts and top with the chopped nuts.
- Serve with grilled limes on the side.
Recipe TagsAngel Hair Shirataki basil bean sprouts black olives broccoli broccoli florets butter carrot carrots cayenne pepper celery Cheddar Cheese chicken chicken breasts chicken broth cilantro cornstarch Fettuccine Shirataki garlic ginger green onions green pepper ground beef lemon juice Macaroni Shirataki mayonnaise mushrooms olive oil onion onions oregano Parmesan cheese parsley red bell pepper rice vinegar scallions sesame oil Shirataki Noodles shrimp sour cream soy sauce tomatoes tuna vegetable oil zucchini
- Black Bean and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Curry Chicken and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Chicken and Angel Hair Shirataki with Peanut Curry Sauce
- Asian Chicken and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Baked Macaroni Shirataki and Cheese
- Fettuccine Shirataki Chicken Salad
- Grilled Tofu and Chicken with Tofu Shirataki
- Macaroni Shirataki and Cheese Carbonara
- Shrimp Gumbo with Angel Hair Shirataki
- Tofu Shirataki and Asian Chicken Salad
- Macaroni Shirataki Texas Hash
- 202 Shirataki Noodle Recipes
- Spaghetti Shirataki Tacos
- Spaghetti Shirataki a La Philly
- Spaghetti Shirataki a La Bruschetta and Seafood