We, my family and I, spent 3 years in Okinawa, Japan. It started out to be the LONGEST 3 years of my life. But soon became 3 of the most memorable. My husband was in the Air Force. He was gone a lot. To different countries. I was left with an 8 month old child. In a foreign country, with no friends or family. Hence the thought that this would be the LONGEST 3 years of my life.
I was wandering around in Koza, now Okinawa City, in dirty dish stores. Now, they really aren’t full of dirty dishes, they are just huge places with thousands of different bowls, plates, kitchen items that the Japanese loved to use. In one area of the dirty dish store were the food items that the Japanese used. Different types of rice, vegetables, fruits and noodles of every shape and size. As I was shopping, I noticed a certain noodle that was packed in liquid that all the locals were snapping up as fast as they could be put out. I grabbed 2 packages and some veggies and left the store.
Miracle Noodle Variety Pack 2 of Each – Shirataki Angel Hair Pasta, Shirataki Fettuccini Pasta and Shirataki Miracle Rice (Pack of 6)A few days later I decided to use the noodles I had bought. My family loved stir fried veggies and I thought these would be an excellent addition to my recipe. I found the noodles in the cabinet. That was the first time I used Shirataki Noodles.
That was over 30 years ago. Shirataki Noodles aka Miracle Noodles are growing in popularity for health reasons. My collection of Shirataki recipes is growing too. I hope you enjoy browsing and trying the recipes here. Feel free to contribute your own favorite recipes as well!
Wishing you the best of health, Deb
Recipe TagsAngel Hair Shirataki basil bean sprouts black olives broccoli broccoli florets butter carrot carrots cayenne pepper celery Cheddar Cheese chicken chicken breasts chicken broth cilantro cornstarch Fettuccine Shirataki garlic ginger green onions green pepper ground beef lemon juice Macaroni Shirataki mayonnaise mushrooms olive oil onion onions oregano Parmesan cheese parsley red bell pepper rice vinegar scallions sesame oil Shirataki Noodles shrimp sour cream soy sauce tomatoes tuna vegetable oil zucchini
- Black Bean and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Curry Chicken and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Chicken and Angel Hair Shirataki with Peanut Curry Sauce
- Asian Chicken and Macaroni Shirataki Salad
- Baked Macaroni Shirataki and Cheese
- Fettuccine Shirataki Chicken Salad
- Grilled Tofu and Chicken with Tofu Shirataki
- Macaroni Shirataki and Cheese Carbonara
- Shrimp Gumbo with Angel Hair Shirataki
- Tofu Shirataki and Asian Chicken Salad
- Macaroni Shirataki Texas Hash
- 202 Shirataki Noodle Recipes
- Spaghetti Shirataki Tacos
- Spaghetti Shirataki a La Philly
- Spaghetti Shirataki a La Bruschetta and Seafood